05 Days Wildebeest Calving Safari
This is one of the shortest migration safari in Tanzania, best in between late January – late February.
This 05 days safari will take you to Ngorongoro Crater, Ndutu area, and southern Serengeti national park
05 Days safari itinerary;
On arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport, you will be picked up with our office representative/Driver Guide, having short brief and then transferred to the hotel for your dinner and overnight. From Arusha with lunch boxes to Tarangire for a game drive and later overnight at Karatu.
Stay at the lodge in Karatu; Karatu is a small town based on 30 minutes drive from the Ngorongoro Crater Rim with typical weather of the Ngorongoro forest.
Today you will have an early start as you head to the Ngorongoro Crater to explore one of the new 7 Natural Wonders of Africa. The Ngorongoro Crater is one of the few areas in Tanzania where you can find such a breathtaking blend of scenery and wildlife in a relatively small area by African standards! The crater is the largest unbroken caldera in the world (that’s not a lake!) and was formed about 2.5 million years ago when a large volcano, rivalling Kilimanjaro in size, erupted and collapsed on itself. There are around 30,000 animals ranging from leopard, cheetah, elephants and hyena to warthog, buffalo and impala. It’s also one of the best places to see the endangered black rhino and black-manned male lions.
Overnight in the lodge or Tented Camp in Ndutu, which is our main focus on this migration safari in Tanzania.
Overnight at the lodge or Tented Camp in Ndutu.
Overnight at the Lodge or Tented Camp in Ndutu.
It’s time to say goodbye to the wilds of Tanzania. Today, after breakfast, you will leave the national parks and head back to Arusha, for your next adventure or fly back home.
What Fox Africa Safaris Offer.
What we're not offer.
Inquire about this tour.
What to know.
- This tour starts and ends at Kilimanjaro Airport or Arusha.
- Book your own international flights.
- Fly to/from Kilimanjaro Airport (JRO – Check price) near Arusha. Or fly to/from Arusha Airport (ARK – Check price) via Dar es Salaam or Nairobi (Kenya)
- A transfer from and back to the airport is included
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for an extra cost
- Valid passport
- Yellow fever vaccination records/ certificate.
- Tanzania visa, available at airport upon arrival, USD $100 payable in cash only for US citizens or USD $50 for residents of UK/European Union and most other countries.
- Copy of flight itinerary.
- Copy of travel and/or medical evacuation insurance.
- Personal medical/dental insurance cards.
- Credit card (Visa and MasterCard are most widely accepted).
- Cash in U.S. Dollars (bills MUST have been issued in 2004 or later)
Remember, it’s not a fashion show out there, so be a bit more practical when choosing your safari wardrobe. Try to stay away from bright colours – khaki and other neutral colours tend to work well. It is probably best if you dress in layers since it can get cold, but also very hot.
- Sweater or fleece pullover to keep warm
- Sturdy boots or sandals
- Sun hat
- Sun glasses
- T-shirts or polo shirts (2-5 depending on how often you want to change)
- Long sleeve shirts (light weight)
- Long trousers
- Travel towel
- Thermal underwear, gloves and warm hat (during May – Sept)
- Rain coat and rain trousers (During rainy season Mar – May and Oct – Dec)
- Camera and memory cards
- Hand sanitizer and wet wipes
- Insect Repellent
- Personal toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, eye drops etc)
- Malaria tablets
- Basic first aid kit and prescription medicines
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Chargers and extra batteries for your camera, phone etc
- Power adapter to fit the UK style electrical socket
- Bring soft luggage such as a duffel bag, hiking pack or sports bag. These are ideal for packing into a safari vehicle. Hard suitcases can often be difficult to fit into the vehicles.
- Bring a backpack to carry all of your important items including travel documents, money, camera, medication etc. You should keep this backpack with you at all times.
- Keep luxury items such as hair dryers/ straighteners, expensive jewellery, make up and bulky toiletries to an absolute minimum. If in doubt, leave them out.
- If you plan to bring cash, divide it into different areas of your carry-on luggage, wallet and money belt just in case something happens to one of those carry items.
- Leave some space in your luggage for the all-important souvenirs that you will probably buy. There are places where you can send packages home via DHL etc, however this can sometimes be an expensive option.