07 Days Discovery Tanzania
During this safari, you will discover and explore national parks in Northern Tanzania, the best destination for a safari. You will visit Tarangire, Manyara, Serengeti and Ngorongoro.
Airport transfers and overnight in Karatu at the beginning and end of the safari are included. Our professional guide will drive you with a 4×4 WD jeep. Complimentary drinks and mineral water will be available in the Jeep. You will also experience early morning game drives.
07 days safari itinerary;
After breakfast, we’ll drive to Tarangire National Park for a game drive with a picnic lunch. The park is famous for its big herds of elephants, huge baobab trees and the high number of predators. There is a lot to see and explore here. Later, we drive to the lodge for dinner and your overnight stay.
Lodge, located near Lake Manyara’s main gate.
After breakfast, we will proceed to Lake Manyara National Park for a game drive with a picnic lunch.
Lake Manyara National Park is famous for its biodiversity. The park includes different environments: the lake, the forest and the plains. The lions climb the trees because they don’t like wet soil due to the underground springs. The park is rich in primates, birds and big mammals.
Later, we will drive to the lodge for dinner and your overnight stay near Ngorongoro’s main gate.
After breakfast, we will drive to the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. We’ll proceed crossing the Ngorongoro Highlands until we reach Serengeti gate, where we will start our game drives for the next 2 days.
Serengeti National Park is the most famous park in Africa with more than 15,000 sq km of savannah. It’s full of lions, leopards, cheetahs, giraffes, elephants and many other wild animals.
After the game drive, we will proceed to the camp or lodge for dinner and your overnight stay inside Serengeti national park.
After breakfast, we will drive to the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. We’ll descend into the Ngorongoro Crater for a game drive with a picnic lunch included.
The Ngorongoro Crater is a must-see for its high density of wild animals while on safari in Tanzania. The Ngorongoro Conservation Area is a conservation project where the Maasai and their livestock live together with wild animals.
After the game drive, we will proceed to the lodge for dinner and your overnight stay on the rim or outside Ngorongoro Conservation Area
After breakfast, we will visit the local village not far from the lodge. We can also relax a bit at the lodge or do some shopping if you have time. We will then transfer to Arusha or Kilimanjaro Airport.
You’ll arrive in time at the airport for your check-in and to catch a flight back home or to your next destination.
What Fox Africa Safaris Offer.
What we're not offer.
Inquire about this tour.
What to know.
- This tour starts and ends at Kilimanjaro Airport or Arusha.
- Book your own international flights.
- Fly to/from Kilimanjaro Airport (JRO – Check price) near Arusha. Or fly to/from Arusha Airport (ARK – Check price) via Dar es Salaam or Nairobi (Kenya)
- A transfer from and back to the airport is included
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for an extra cost
- Valid passport
- Yellow fever vaccination records/ certificate.
- Tanzania visa, available at airport upon arrival, USD $100 payable in cash only for US citizens or USD $50 for residents of UK/European Union and most other countries.
- Copy of flight itinerary.
- Copy of travel and/or medical evacuation insurance.
- Personal medical/dental insurance cards.
- Credit card (Visa and MasterCard are most widely accepted).
- Cash in U.S. Dollars (bills MUST have been issued in 2004 or later)
Remember, it’s not a fashion show out there, so be a bit more practical when choosing your safari wardrobe. Try to stay away from bright colours – khaki and other neutral colours tend to work well. It is probably best if you dress in layers since it can get cold, but also very hot.
- Sweater or fleece pullover to keep warm
- Sturdy boots or sandals
- Sun hat
- Sun glasses
- T-shirts or polo shirts (2-5 depending on how often you want to change)
- Long sleeve shirts (light weight)
- Long trousers
- Travel towel
- Thermal underwear, gloves and warm hat (during May – Sept)
- Rain coat and rain trousers (During rainy season Mar – May and Oct – Dec)
- Camera and memory cards
- Hand sanitizer and wet wipes
- Insect Repellent
- Personal toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, eye drops etc)
- Malaria tablets
- Basic first aid kit and prescription medicines
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Chargers and extra batteries for your camera, phone etc
- Power adapter to fit the UK style electrical socket
- Bring soft luggage such as a duffel bag, hiking pack or sports bag. These are ideal for packing into a safari vehicle. Hard suitcases can often be difficult to fit into the vehicles.
- Bring a backpack to carry all of your important items including travel documents, money, camera, medication etc. You should keep this backpack with you at all times.
- Keep luxury items such as hair dryers/ straighteners, expensive jewellery, make up and bulky toiletries to an absolute minimum. If in doubt, leave them out.
- If you plan to bring cash, divide it into different areas of your carry-on luggage, wallet and money belt just in case something happens to one of those carry items.
- Leave some space in your luggage for the all-important souvenirs that you will probably buy. There are places where you can send packages home via DHL etc, however this can sometimes be an expensive option.