8 Days Safari & Zanzibar Beach Holiday
During this 8-day safari & beach holiday, we enjoy the best that Tanzania has to offer. We visit Tarangire National Park well known for its elephant families and iconic Baobab trees.
We also visit Ngorongoro Crater, a breathtakingly beautiful setting and the best place in Tanzania to see the Big Five. After our safari, we fly to Zanzibar where warm turquoise waters and the white sand beaches upon the Indian Ocean await.
08 Days on safari and Zanzibar beach holiday;
Overnight in the lodge close to the Ngorongoro Conservation area.
Spend a night in the lodge outside Ngorongoro Crater.
After breakfast in the lodge, you will have an option to either visiting the Lake Manyara National or head straight to the airport for a scheduled flight to Zanzibar, upon your arrival you will meet our resident guide for a transfer and tours in Zanzibar.
You will stay at one or some hand-picked beach resorts.
Stone Town spice tour
On one of your beach days you will go on a guided tour. After breakfast transfer to Stone Town for our Historical Stone Town Tour. This tour takes you through fabled Stone Town, where history appears to stand still. With visits to the House of Wonders, the Palace Museum (People’s Palace) and the Arab Fort amongst others, it is a fascinating look at the essence of Zanzibar. You will see Zanzibar’s bustling market, winding alleyways, ornately carved and studded doors, two cathedrals and countless mosques! Afterwards you proceed to the famous Spice Plantations were we invite for an opulent lunch for you to taste the spices and fruits. Afterwards you will do the famous Spice Tour. We have developed a special Spice Tour with in depth information not only about spices, but also organically grown herbs and a detailed description about their traditional uses in medicine cosmetics and cooking. After the tour we take you back to your hotel.
Discovering what you have booked for this 08 days Tanzania safari and Zanzibar beach holiday, as after owning the Tanzania jungle, Zanzibar is an easy Island to allow you to relax, feel the breeze, smell spices and taste every nice food possible around this Swahili coast of Tanzania.
Last morning of leisure ends your safari and Zanzibar beach holiday.
What Fox Africa Safaris Offer.
What we're not offer.
Inquire about this tour.
What to know.
- This tour starts and ends at Kilimanjaro Airport or Arusha.
- This tour is planned to end in Zanzibar
- Book your own international flights.
- Fly to/from Kilimanjaro Airport (JRO – Check price) near Arusha. Or fly to/from Arusha Airport (ARK – Check price) via Dar es Salaam or Nairobi (Kenya)
- A transfer from and back to the airport is included
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for an extra cost
- Valid passport
- Yellow fever vaccination records/ certificate.
- Tanzania visa, available at airport upon arrival, USD $100 payable in cash only for US citizens or USD $50 for residents of UK/European Union and most other countries.
- Copy of flight itinerary.
- Copy of travel and/or medical evacuation insurance.
- Personal medical/dental insurance cards.
- Credit card (Visa and MasterCard are most widely accepted).
- Cash in U.S. Dollars (bills MUST have been issued in 2004 or later)
Remember, it’s not a fashion show out there, so be a bit more practical when choosing your safari wardrobe. Try to stay away from bright colours – khaki and other neutral colours tend to work well. It is probably best if you dress in layers since it can get cold, but also very hot.
- Sweater or fleece pullover to keep warm
- Sturdy boots or sandals
- Sun hat
- Sun glasses
- T-shirts or polo shirts (2-5 depending on how often you want to change)
- Long sleeve shirts (light weight)
- Long trousers
- Travel towel
- Thermal underwear, gloves and warm hat (during May – Sept)
- Rain coat and rain trousers (During rainy season Mar – May and Oct – Dec)
- Camera and memory cards
- Hand sanitizer and wet wipes
- Insect Repellent
- Personal toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, eye drops etc)
- Malaria tablets
- Basic first aid kit and prescription medicines
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Chargers and extra batteries for your camera, phone etc
- Power adapter to fit the UK style electrical socket
- Bring soft luggage such as a duffel bag, hiking pack or sports bag. These are ideal for packing into a safari vehicle. Hard suitcases can often be difficult to fit into the vehicles.
- Bring a backpack to carry all of your important items including travel documents, money, camera, medication etc. You should keep this backpack with you at all times.
- Keep luxury items such as hair dryers/ straighteners, expensive jewellery, make up and bulky toiletries to an absolute minimum. If in doubt, leave them out.
- If you plan to bring cash, divide it into different areas of your carry-on luggage, wallet and money belt just in case something happens to one of those carry items.
- Leave some space in your luggage for the all-important souvenirs that you will probably buy. There are places where you can send packages home via DHL etc, however this can sometimes be an expensive option.